Monday, January 09, 2006

Why I'm Doing This.

I'm a columnist for Milwaukee's largest newspaper, and I write about race, which makes me controversial. Recently, I wrote a column that was critical of blogs, and the backlash has been intense. I decided to start this blog as a way to fire back immediately, away from the editorial control of my editors. Here we'll explore topics like, "Do we really need white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?" and, "Is it fair that white things reflect more light than black things? Can we change this somehow? How did things get to be this way?"

You'll notice that I chose a black background for this blog. I originally thought about having black lettering as well, but the powerful symbolism that I had intended was forced to give way to more pragmatic concerns. I suppose that life is like that sometimes.

I will occasionally be expanding on the ideas that I put forth in my columns, as well as offering columns that were deemed too controversial by the paper, and comments will always be open for instant feedback.

And of course, I'll be taking on those pests in the Wisconsin blogosphere at every opportunity.

So, let's give this a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home