Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A few notes on today's column.

I did base my JS column, which appears in today's paper, on my tire-slashing blogpost, but the editors forced me to ditch the tire analogy in favor of my old stand-by, Jim Crow laws, which means I also got to talk about voter fraud, or more accurately, the lack of voter fraud.

Just because the children of a few prominent Milwaukee democrats slashed the tires of vans at a republican "get out the vote" organization does not mean that there was any voter fraud. No one has any evidence of any multiple voting going on, and I should know. I altered my appearance using several clever disguises which allowed me to vote seven times, and there is no way that anyone could possibly have guessed that it was me, old Eujean, in that Amish outfit, and again in the oversized sombrero. And since no one needs an ID to vote here in Wisconsin, how could anyone possibly have proof that any fraud occurred?

The answer is that they can not and they do not. They're making much ado about nothing.

Anyway, I was a bit miffed at the Journal for making me alter the contents of my column, after all, I’m from North Philly; nobody gets a free shot at me without getting smacked right back, so I managed to convince the editors to move the one white kid, Lewis Caldwell, to the most prominent position on the page, while keeping the black kids underneath him.

It seemed more fair that way, and in retrospect, the column turned out pretty well.

Compromise is a wonderful thing. It is the "mainstream media" at its best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home